Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Randomness

Random #1  " hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard"   googled  for the author, and a basketball player was credited.

Random #2   "tigerwear" defined as any item of jewelry or clothing or accessory that is black/gold or covered in some form of tiger.     I am severely lacking in "tigerwear".  

Random #3  I love NCIS   Sad, but true.   The only explanation I can give  is I like the problem, solution, happily ever happy thing a lot.

Random #4  Small children should not be required to take standardized tests and the people who force this issue have long left the classroom or were never a part of it in the first place.   I gave one today because it was in the job description.

Random #5  If your youngster can touch their knees with their fingertips, you might have a swimmer on your hands.  Or a gorilla just walked into your presence.

Random #6  If you sit in the stands as a parent of an aspiring swimmer, make it a point to NOT know their times.    Just buy the suits, goggles and pay the coach with money and Outback Steaks.

Random #5  Remember to be on time to parent conferences.

Random #6  Take time to pack a good lunch and the day seems lighter and brighter than when you forget to pack a good lunch.

Random #7   Vern Yip rocks...the designer and the one who lives here at my house.

Random #8   You CAN have too much HGTV.

Random #9   I think swimming fast is an oxymoron.

Random#10  Make sure one of your dogs is a good dog if you own more than one.   The bad dog (does anyone remember the dog expert, woman with white hair and accent who said "there are no bad dogs?" ) will notice and eventually come through for you.   Thank you Mattie and Ollie for all your hard work.

Random #11  I like Mad Men.   I had a hairdo like Sally when I was little.

Random #12  Every person who is sad their last child has left the house should get themselves a Stevie of their very own.

Random #13  I remember saying to EVERYONE I wasn't one of "those" mothers.   Turns out I was WRONG.

Random #14   If you are going to have children, their future teachers would appreciate it if you could talk to them.   Anything is OK.   Just put down your gadgets and talk to them.   TV is OK too....but you can't skip the talking part.    There are these little synapses in their brains that won't connect if you don't talk.

Random #15  Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen

Random #16  There is a chance there won't be a new James Bond movie for some time.     I read it somewhere.

Random #17  I believe in hair color.  I believe in pedicures. 

Random #18  If your feet aren't happy you aren't happy.

Random #18b  Buy good shoes. 

Random #19   "UP" is a great  movie.   It has everything...a kid, a grandpa, a great house that flies, a dog, squirrels, more dogs, a great love, a great sadness...simply everything is in "UP".

Random #20  Sugar is excellent,possibly a food group...but I'm cutting back.   Mattie loves candy.

No comments: