Friday, March 25, 2011

Snow bunnies

Snow bunny in natural habitat via "google images"... really!

Internet images and google have been my friend for many years.     Have a student who loves writing/drawing about sharks?   Go get them a real picture or two  of sharks  they can keep in their writing folder.   Want to show plants in various stages of growth?    Google images can help.
I had no idea snow bunny was an inappropriate search and am very glad I wasn't doing a public search with someone watching.   I would have blushed.     All I wanted was a cute little white fluffy thing with  ears and legs in the snow and I was going to post it on the college girl's FB page before she takes off on her trip.    This seemed a positive way to say have fun little girl.    What I really thought was the movie poster for TAKEN would be good so she would remember to not talk to any strangers.    Glass half empty thinking.    So  snow bunny is half glass full thinking I was excited and now my eyes have images of things I don't want to write about.    But it's nice to know if you type in the words snow bunny in natural habitat you get the above snow bunny picture.   How is this natural habitat?
Anyway, I settled on this snow bunny and right afterwards had visions of Mattie chasing it down for dinner.   

Mattie loves a good bunny chase.    It's how we rate the walks.    An ok walk is a squirrel sighting or one or two chases.    An amazing walk would include some squirrel chases and a bunny chase.    It is predator/prey and how she survived in the wild  fields of  hospira when the residents of the square building brought out unappetizing snack food.

No comments: