Saturday, January 29, 2011

in a kayak

you are looking where you are going.    Rowing..you have to look behind you every now and then  and this would be my problem.  
I was paired with another non type A personality.   It seems we are in the minority.      She asked me if I was like the dog in UP...."squirrel!"   that dog..and I said yes and then off we went.   
Even as nice as she was she didn't act like she knew me when I  finally decided to look behind me and noticed two boats of 8 and their coach yelling at me to pull right which would make my boat go left and then they could continue their training.   I don't know how long they were there?    Did I stop/slow their workout?    Princeton crew I am kind of sorry.       You were described to me as the truck drivers of the river...not very nice and extremely aggressive.    I don't think our nice coach was saying it to make me feel better...a double was flooded with water by these guys.    So, I'm kind of sorry...won't wear the blue shirt next time in case someone noticed and I might disguise my pony tail and Mizzou hat with something different.  
And what I know:   water and quick is not what I do.   I guess I could if I thought it was important.    Same with swimming.     Water and fast is an oxymoron...for me.    There was a tree covered in beautiful white birds today, and a fascinating noise under the train track...and some yelling from out of town boats.  
Met up with Stevie and Mattie and after the dog park went to Redbud.   Stevie wanted to swim and Mattie had to keep an eye out.   Stevie seemed to aggravate the locals today.   Lots of flashing teeth and growls.   Mattie likes to wait until needed and I think Stevie would like a little more immediate intervention on his behalf.   

No comments: