Monday, November 1, 2010

Enter here please.



Before candy could be dispersed I had to remove the 3 pair of sneakers from the top of the table, another pair from the ground,  the swim gear bag left from August, the dead plants, leaves and cobwebs.   The bushes blocked the step so Leader cut the sides of the bushes,  add a few flowers and presto we are ready.    Then it started.    The lookout would bark, both would run to the window to see who was coming, then both would go to the door and wait, wiggle and growl.   All was good until one of the last visitors decided to lunge into the doorway with a big BOO.   This was a bigger middle school size visitor.    If I hadn't held Mattie's collar she would have lunged to protect her leader.  
We don't lunge or BOO the leader.     I don't remember last Halloween with Mattie.   We had been her home for just over a month.   I would imagine we put her into the crate that now sits dust covered in the back of the garage.      This Halloween  she knew to watch and run to the door and look.   This Halloween she had Stevie to help keep watch.   This Halloween she guarded her home and  Leader and I think for the first time I saw that she would indeed bite to keep him safe.   Good thing she likes me a lot too.   
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

No comments: