Thursday, September 24, 2009

Walking, Playing and other stuff

Mattie is a walker.   Not  walk across the room walker, but a true put me on a leash, stand me at the door and walk off down the side walk for 40 minutes kind of walker.    I have never lived with walkers.   Pugs are not walkers, at least my pugs aren't.   Mine, even as young and handsome pug boys,  were once around the block, find me some water, take me a nap type of walkers.   Lots of heavy breathing and trying to hide under parked cars for shade was our pug walking..   Not Mattie girl....dog of the wild..... who has learned  some skills somewhere in her former life.    Playing is about the same as walking..... but you have to consider the material she has to work with.   A grumpy pug and a blind one.   She likes the grumpy one the best.    I find her trying to lift him up with her nose and he just rolls off and looks at her like  "grow up" and walks away to find a new place to nap.    She tried the same trick with Bart the blind boy and did it close enough to a food bowl he thought someone was battling him for dinner...so he growled and she quit....he walked away all blind and furry stiff and she went to her corner to pout.  

No comments: