Saturday, September 12, 2009

I saw her today.

Today I went to the Town Lake Animal Shelter to see Mattie.      She was cautious, but she licked my fingers through the mesh and wagged her tail some and then it seemed she decided that was enough for today and moved to the back.    I found a chair and pulled it up and just sat and watched volunteers working with another dog in the agility course behind us and  noticed that Mattie also seemed interested and was watching closely too and had moved back to the front by the entrance where I sat.    I spoke to a volunteer and    she read the notes written already by Mattie's walker who listed her as "partly feral but good on a leash and friendly with wagging tail when greeting other dogs."
She gave me a nifty red vest and said I could go inside her cage but I couldn't walk her.    Once inside, she was more cautious than before and just sat in the corner and looked at me.      I took some pics with the phone, and noticed the sound of the camera was disturbing to her...so I stopped.    s

No comments: